Dear Parents, the application for the Parent Volunteer Scheme for the 2020 Primary One Registration Exercise is now OPEN.
RED SWASTIKA SCHOOL PARENT VOLUNTEER SCHEME FOR 2020 PRIMARY ONE REGISTRATION EXERCISE (ADMISSION IN 2021)
Registration Period: Opens 12 April 2019 till 10 May 2019, 5pm
(Please note that applications received after the stipulated closing date will be rejected)
Eligibility: Applicable for children born between 2 Jan 2014 to 1 Jan 2015 (both dates inclusive) only
1. Primary One Registration Exercise takes place during the 3rd quarter of the year prior to the admission year. Parents who are interested in applying as Parent Volunteers need to fill out the application form at the General Office during office hours, Mondays to Fridays from 8am to 5pm, excluding Public Holidays.
2. The school reviews and selects applicants during the 2nd quarter of each year (the year prior to the P1 Registration Exercise). Selection is done based on the needs of the school, which may vary every year. Successful applicants will be notified by the end of the 2nd quarter in 2019. Parents may apply to volunteer their service at more than one school. You would need to check with the schools concerned about the application procedures.
3. The school is looking for a long-term partnership with our stakeholders. Should you be selected, we seek your understanding to continue to support the school even if you have fulfilled the minimum requirement of 40 voluntary hours in the event that the school requires your continued assistance.
4. Parents who are accepted as Parent Volunteers will start contributing their voluntary hours one year before the start of the Primary One Registration Exercise. Kindly note that activities are conducted during school hours.
5. Parent volunteers are responsible for the completion of 40 hours of voluntary work to be eligible for Phase 2B of the Primary One Registration Exercise. Should the number of Phase 2B applications exceed the number of places available for this phase, MOE will conduct a centralised balloting. Singapore citizens will be admitted first ahead of PRs, before home-school distance is considered.
a. Children living within 1 km from the school
b. Children living between 1-2 km from the school
c. Children living outside 2 km from the school
6. If you are shortlisted, you will be required to furnish the school with the following documents:
a. Copy of child's birth certificate
b. Copy of both parents' NRIC
c. Recent coloured photograph of both parents (IC/Passport size)
8. Please note that the residential address indicated in this application form would be used for registration during the Primary One Registration Exercise. Kindly update the school if there is any change to your residential address.
9. Please note that the Mother Tongue Language option offered by Red Swastika School is Higher Chinese Language only for Primary 1 to 4; and Chinese and Higher Chinese at Primary 5 & 6.
10. PV scheme does not guarantee a place in the school but accords only an eligibility to register in Phase 2B.